Great product reviews are the lifeblood of today’s successful affiliate marketers. The biggest obstacle, however, is the growing skepticism of product review readers found online. This is because a lot of people have been burned or scammed by such reviews that are simply crap. Yes, in many cases it has made readers skeptical and unapproachable over the years too good to be a true product review. You and probably you have also been burned with great Product reviews or sales pages. And later how did we feel the need to harden against being swindled, stupid, watching, and reading?
However skeptical you may be, reviews are still needed to gauge the general value of a product. So what’s happening now is that our readers are reading a lot more product reviews and considering them carefully before making a decision. That’s why we need to make our reviews stand out from the pack and stand out as reliable, honest, objective, and quality product review providers.
So how do you write a great product review? Here are 5 very important tips or steps to consider.
1. Affiliate website evaluation
A good product to promote is always supported by a well-organized website with lots of support and information available to affiliate marketers. This makes writing great reviews much easier. A good affiliate website always has information about the product they are promoting which can help them write great reviews. It will also help you decide what to write because you don’t necessarily want to rehash what your website sales page is talking about. This means that you may need to adopt the “pre-sale” style of writing product reviews since your website does the sales. If you use information from the website, do not copy it verbatim, but rewrite it in your own words as much as possible.
2. Keep your reader in mind
Before you begin your review, keep in mind your end goal, specifically the type of reader you want to appeal to and what information your reader is looking for. The readers you are trying to reach may be newbies to affiliate marketing and seem to be following the basics rather than a technical approach to some aspects of affiliate marketing. Also, keep your writing style informal, use the same types of words you use when talking to your friends, and avoid an overly professional approach unless necessary. Also, ask yourself what that kind of person would want to know in order to know what to write and avoid verbosity. Remember, you are there to help your readers better understand your product and make the right decision for them.
3. Personal experience of using the product
Nothing convinces the reader better in a product review than a first-hand account of their experience using the product. The products you use are good for promotion for that reason. Tell your readers what they like about your product and how it can help them. It will help your readers see that you have enough confidence in the product that they are willing to purchase it directly. If you don’t own one, the best way to write a review is to buy one and use it if you’re serious about promoting it. It will give you a lot more to add to your review that other affiliates may not opt for and will make your product reviews more valuable to their readers. If the price is right, consider it an investment.
4. What to consider in product reviews
– Features: What is the product? What are its physical and/or intangible characteristics? List product aspects such as weight, height, color, number of pages, shipping method, etc.
– Pros: What does it do? Does it help you make money? save time? saving money? Does this solve the problem? Buyers are mostly motivated by the benefits of a product, so you should consider and explain it carefully in your review.
– Results: What results did you or others get from using the product? Can you quantify it in a format that is easy to read and understand? Do not use excessive claims as this may damage the credibility of the review.
– Differences: If this product is different from others on the market, please explain exactly what it is. This is best done with a quick fact table comparing different products to each other for their features and more. This is a presentation style that people can read and understand very quickly and simply.
– Balanced Perspective: Is there something you don’t like about the product? Share! Positive products don’t look realistic. Reviews should always keep all aspects of a product as objective as possible.